MerCruiser 1998 & Up Exhaust Flappers Water Shutters Replaces 807166A1
Y-Pipe Exhaust Water Shutter for MerCruiser
The water shutters are designed to meet or exceed OEM specifications. The set will come exactly as shown. If you have ever overheated your engine these shutters tend to get damaged. Often you will find pieces of them in the exhaust system when you remove the drive for servicing. These help keep water from entering the engine through the exhaust system so they are very important.
- 2x Water Shutters / Flappers - # 807166A1
Replaces Part #: 807166A1
These shutters are designed for the following MerCruiser applications:
- 1996-1999 V6 owners PLEASE LOOK AT PICTURE #2
- Note: These will NOT work on V6 engines that came with the one-piece manifolds (Use 807166A2 it has a flat tip), or early V8 with the round pin going through flapper.
- Used on many MerCruiser sterndrive V8 engines. (Some V6 that came with the two-piece manifold/elbow)
- For 1998 and newer engines, there are some 1996 and 1997 models that apply. There will be two rectangular holes for the grommets. If your Y-pipe has round holes you need the A3 water shutters. If your Y-pipe changes size a few inches below the shutter you have a one-piece manifold V6 Y-pipe and need shutter A2
We Also Recommend
1" Black RV Marine Camper Thick Vinyl Trim Molding Flexible Screw Cap Cover