2" x 108' Mobile Home Flex Mend Belly Bottom Repair - Patch Underbelly Holes/Rips
2" x 108 ft Flex-Mend Tape
Finally - a neat, fast permanent and inexpensive way to mend holes, cuts, and tears in most mobile home bottom closure materials is at hand. Flex-Mend™ is a time tested mending product that matches the appearance and texture of bottom board closure materials used by most manufacturers in the mobile home industry today. Flex-Mend™ is a woven polyethylene film currently meeting all requirements for use as bottom board by the mobile home industry.
Repair holes, cuts and tears resulting from plumbing repairs, weak seams and damage by cats and other animals quickly, neatly and permanently. Flex-Mend™ is also waterproof and unaffected by cold and can be applied in below-freezing temperatures and will hold regardless of the season.
2" wide for use on straight cuts that do not require wider overlapping of material.
It has been solid-coated with specially formulated, high tech adhesive, and has an easily removed release liner.
Polyethylene underbelly is a black tarp-like material. This material is found on the bottom of most manufactured homes built since the 80's. If your underbelly is more rigid like a board use a different type of repair like Eternabond. We carry a full line of Eternabond if needed.
Very few tapes will stick to the underneath material of a mobile home, much less stick permanently. Duct tape will only work for a short period of time. If you want to eliminate taping the rips and tears in your underbelly over and over again, use Flex-Mend™ tape.
- Ensure damaged area is clean and dry. If there insulation hanging out push it back into the hole
- Before cutting Flex-Mend™ be sure to leave at least 2-3 inches to overlay onto undamaged area
- Slowly remove Flex-Mend™ from the corner of the liner, careful not to remove entire liner yet. Be extra careful to not allow the tape to adhere to itself.
- Place exposed tape to edge of undamaged area where patch should start.
- Slowly remove liner and smooth edges along repaired seam to ensure full adhesion. Press firmly to ensure a full adhesion contact is made.
- Do not try to remove Flex-Mend once applied.
Need a different width or length?
We carry many popular widths: 2", 4", 6", 8", 18" and 28".
We Also Recommend
1" Black RV Marine Camper Thick Vinyl Trim Molding Flexible Screw Cap Cover